Tuesday, January 15, 2013

30 x 30 | Day Thirteen

One of my favorite bloggers, Angela from Selfless Ambition nominated me for another Liebster Award, so I've updated my post from Day Nine to include her questions as well.  She raised one of the best I've seen so far: What is your take on J. Crew? Love it and shop there often or cute but way overpriced?  Sound off below :)

shirt | talbot's, thrifted ($3), button up | brooks brothers, chinos | h&m
Still brainstorming (and struggling quite a bit if we're being completely honest) different ways to style this shirt.  Send me a message via comment, email or carrier pigeon if you have any thoughts on this pressing matter.


8 comments:

  1. I really like this sweater and how you've styled it. I'd probably also wear it with a pencil skirt and maybe with a blazer over top.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, very insightful - look for that take on this shirt, coming soon ;)

      Delete
  2. That sweater with the button-down underneath has got a prepster vibe going on - I like how you kept the rest of the outfit simple. I can envision it with a colored button-down underneath and paired with a pair of dark jeans and some cute flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting the rest of my closet back post challenge and trying this knit on over the rest of my button ups :)

      Delete
  3. I was going to nominate you for the Liebster too, but then thought 3 might be more than you wanted to respond to! :) I love Ginny's suggestions with the blazer! It really does look great with the button up under it too.

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Jess! You are so, so right - it's hard for me to keep up with and I feel like I'm oversharing with everyone!

      Delete
  4. I find J. Crew very overpriced and while I own several pieces from them, only 1 was purchased at full price (but it's my navy blazer that I've worn at least once a week sicne I got it, so no regrets). I just don't think its necessary to spend $150 on a necklace or $70 on fancy sweatpants. I do check out their sale racks where great quality pieces can be found for not outrageous prices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your navy blazer is so lovely and I have to agree with you on it being a great investment, especially since you're able to mix it in so often!

      Delete