Tuesday, January 29, 2013

30 x 30 | Day Twenty Seven

oxford | brooks brothers, dress | h&m

Let's talk about tights.  I think they're great in theory: they can be opaque or patterned, they make it possible to wear dresses and not shave your legs (guilty as charged), they keep your legs warm (debatable) and make an outfit look put together.

And here's why I only like tights in theory: This is the only pair of tights I haven't ruined after wearing them one time.  It's heartbreaking.  Without fail, I will snag, run or accidentally poke a nail through a brand new pair of tights and sigh dramatically as I realize that in my hand I'm holding twelve to fifteen dollars that would have been better spent elsewhere.

Eventually, I gave up on spending more for the slim chance they may last and started buying Target tights figuring they were cheaper to replace.  Somehow, these black ones have stood up against my apparently rough nature and I can confirm that they are still unscathed as I write this.

Here's to you, Target tights.

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on tights, I love them but am so sad when I ruin them. I have a lot of luck with target too. Love this dress on you today, so fun!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that crazy how it works? My Target ones are pretty in tact as well..but I tell you, I DO know how to get a run in them. You are so cute in this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! Means so much to me that you're following my blog; I love reading yours!

      Delete
  3. I'm kind of in love with that dress! Houndstooth gets me every time! I totally agree on the tights thing, mine always seem to have some magically appearing hole in them right when I'm out in public (and I probably could've noticed it when I was at home, but I wasn't paying enough attention..awkward). The two pair I've gotten from Target have held up well too! :)

    Oh, and by the way you're commentary makes me laugh out loud. :)
    You've made a follower out of me!

    Kristina
    kristina-in-retroworter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Kristina :) Glad I could make you laugh!

      Delete
  4. LOVE that dress! The pink and black is too cute :)

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  5. This may just be my favorite look! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so pretty!! I love how you styled the blouse under it. I had this exact same dress but in black and white but my deodorant ruined the underarm area so now I can't wear it :( I loved it! xo

    ReplyDelete