Monday, October 1, 2012

3 ways to wear: polka dot chambray shirt

polka dot chambray button up | old navy
I hadn't found a chambray shirt that I was completely in love with when I spotted this one online shopping one day.  Right after I purchased it, I realized everyone else had as well - the shirt has been quite popular on instagram recently.  I had briefly worried that the polka dots would limit how I could style the shirt, but I've found that it's a versatile piece.

- paired with orange and gray zig zag skirt -
skirt | target (spring)
coral acrylic chain necklace | target
ring & brown bracelet | charming charlie
pearl and gold bracelet | made myself
Patterns have been huge this season and pattern mixing has been a trend.  I felt comfortable in this mix, because the polka dots aren't so loud that they clash with the skirt.

- tied up over a LBD -
black gladiator sandals | clarks
little black dress | planet funk
ring | versona accessories
I went out to lunch with a friend and wanted something that was light to wear over my sleeveless dress. I skimmed through my closet before pulling out the chambray shirt and tying it into a knot mid-torso. It made the dress more casual and the outfit was easy to run errands in afterwards.

- paired with cream cable knit sweater and coral chino pants -
sweater | ralph lauren
chinos | h&m (similar here)
I hate being cold so I've found pulling a sweater on over a button up is a good way to go during the autumn and winter months.  I rolled the sleeves on my cable knit twice before cuffing the sleeves of the shirt over them.  The fabric is double printed around the cuffs so it made the polka dots look more uniform.  Lots of compliments on this combo at work.

How would you wear the polka dot chambray shirt?

xx Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment